Friday, April 26, 2013

Texture Troubles

For Advanced Inking this past week, we had to create a large illustration based on a fable we read in class. The illustration had to include brush, nib, an unconventional object, and digital tones.


ORIGINAL COMPS:





TEXTURE TESTS:



FINAL (TRADITIONAL) DRAWING:


Because of the sloppiness of my hatching in the background and my dissatisfaction with the rain drops, I decided to touch it up in MangaStudio. I removed the original background and drops and placed in an automated crosshatching filter. 


While this looks a lot more clean and clear, I was not comfortable using a pre-made tone. This next week I'm going to learn to make my own tones and textures and implement that in my next assignment. Looking forward to learning more about the MangaStudio software!

0 comments:

Post a Comment