Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Roller Derby

I'd never been to a roller derby game before, so this was an awesome excuse to go. Our class went to see the Savannah Derby Devils play and then designed our own roller derby babes. The final assignment would include a character concept, a tshirt design, and a mock poster.

It's October and I had some spooky stuff on the brain. Here's my Day of the Dead darling:


ORIGINAL CONCEPTS:











FINAL PIECES:

Character Concept

T-shirt Design

Event Poster

This project was overall successful. I received a lot of praise for my hand lettering! The class's biggest suggestion was to change the roses on her knees and elbows to LITERAL pads with flower decal. This added more balance to the spot black of the character as well as strengthened her readability.

The second-to-last project is complete. Finals week fiascos are on their way, I'm sure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment