Saturday, October 20, 2012

New World Warp

We've done our share of five-angle turnarounds, but now it was time to complete a five-stage character transformation sequence. The assignment was to design a character and morph it into its opposite. We were to take into consideration things like opposite body types and costuming.

This assignment took a little time to get going. I find it really easy to slither back into my same old categories of interest and not explore something new. For instance, it took everything in me not to do something nautical. I have a habit of always drawing something aquatic when all else fails.

So what did I decide on instead? A Spanish conquistador and an Aztec warrior.


ORIGINAL CONCEPTS:









ORIGINAL TRANSFORMATION:


The class felt that the third stage of my transformation was inconsistent. I mistakenly gave him muscular arms when earlier i had shown them much thinner. Also, it was brought up that he could shrink more inside his armor and have an inbetween stage helmet. This is how I fixed it:


FINAL TRANSFORMATION AFTER CRITIQUE:


I am really excited to add this image to my portfolio.

0 comments:

Post a Comment