Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Adventure Time!

I'm pretty sure this assignment was a class-wide favorite. Given an Adventure Time submissions packet (it was a little outdated), the project was to design three characters and then put together 60+ storyboards of our own Adventure Time short.

One character had to be a garbage scavenger. Another one collected plants. And the third character was solely designed on the strange phrase "a golden pig armed beast with intestines falling out." Sounds weird. But here's what I came up with.


ORIGINAL SKETCHES:







FINAL CHARACTERS:

Golden, Pig-Armed Beast (with intestines falling out)

Plant Scavenger

Garbage Scavenger, "Pawlina"

"Pawlina" Character Turnaround

As for the storyboards...
The submissions packet gave a vague storyline in which Finn and Jake spar with weapons and Finn is coaxed into revealing his feelings for Princess Bubblegum. Everyone had their own interpretations, and lucky you! You get to see mine (and hear my voice, uh-oh).






The critique went well. My characters seemed to fit the universe of the TV show and people got a laugh out of my boards. If I could have done anything differently, I would have handled the environments in my storyboards with more care. That and fixed the goofy zooms and pans.

Fun stuff though. Enjoy.


***BONUS
I had some requests to post the individual images of boards, and not just the animatic. Here they are!



































0 comments:

Post a Comment