Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Auto Avalanche

I've already knocked out two assignments for the quarter! For this one, the class was asked to design three contestants and their vehicles for a grand race. The name of my race? Auto Avalanche. The theme? Marathoning across the Arctic Circle.


CONCEPTS:






ORIGINAL INKS: 





REVISIONS + COLOR:






 Not too sure where my inspiration came from. I began with the desire to have an ice road trucker as a racer, and the other two characters came to me later.

Desmond's design was based off one of those goofy 90s full body skiing suits. I'm pretty sure my dad might have owned one?

My goal for Hannah was to make her the most drastically different. Rather than give her a snowboard or a pair of skis, I mused with the idea of a little girl journeying in a motorized Barbie Jeep. There still had to be some snow-based transport connection. So why not have her drawn by husky puppies?

Wish me luck with today's critique!





0 comments:

Post a Comment