Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Bartman and Houseboy

Midterms have passed. Another quarter is half-way over. Here's what I've been working on the past two weeks.

We were given a Simpsons script in which Bart, Milhouse, and Santa's Little Helper act as superheroes and travel through the sewer, ending up in an alternate Springfield. We were to draw pages three through five.


CHARACTER REDESIGNS:




THUMBNAILS:




TIGHT ROUGHS:


Upon finishing the tight roughs, our class had a critique. Everyone suggested that I add more textures to areas of solid white/black. Also that I redraw some of my figures and environment elements.

FINISHED PENCILS AFTER CRITIQUE:





Critique today went well! My strengths were my shot calls and my textures. Weaknesses were issues with scale and perspective, but the class agrees that I'm making big improvements. Glad to be going in a good direction.

0 comments:

Post a Comment